Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Kenmore Elite top load washer will not power on. The outlet

Customer Question

My Kenmore Elite top load washer will not power on. The outlet has power.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Unplug the machine for 5 minutes to reset the electronics. Will it turn on after this reset?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Also, can you please double check that model number?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Won't reset. model # ***** is on the washer is ***********
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** the 796 and I could not get it to come up. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
If resetting the power did not restore function, you likely have a filter board that is not allowing power through to the control. The noise filter is mounted in the timer console area and may be tested with a multimeter. If you have power into but not out of that filter, it is faulty. The video below shows how to access it. CLICK HERE The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE If you do have power out of the filter the main electronic machine control will need to be replaced. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you sooo much!
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
You are very welcome, thank you! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So I replaced the noise filter. The washer still won't turn on. What else could it be?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
It would be the main control if the filter has been replaced.