Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a frigidaire gas range with a f90 code. How do I reset

Customer Question

I have a frigidaire gas range with a f90 code. How do I reset it? I've tried to power it down and hit the cancel button, no help.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I've read there is a rest see button but haven't been able to find it. I've disconnect Ed the door lock.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: The range works. What I've read it went into overheat safety mode.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 months ago.
Hello from our service,My name is***** am so happy to help you today.I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions. Were you trying to do a self clean when this happened?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven today. F90 means that your door latch is stuck somewhere between the opened and closed position. You can try to reset power and if the door will open you can wiggle the door latch hook to see if it'll reset. But if that doesn't work, the door latch itself is just failing and needs to be replaced.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?