John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I HAVE A GE GSS23WSTASS SIDE BY SIDE FRIDGE, CONTROL PANEL

I HAVE A GE ... Show More
I HAVE A GE GSS23WSTASS SIDE BY SIDE FRIDGE, CONTROL PANEL ON FREEZER NOT WORKING, I UNPLUGGED THE FRIDGE FOR 10 MIN AND REPLACED WATER FILTER FRIDGE IS NOT COLD
Category: Appliance
replied 6 months ago.
How long since you reconnected it? Interior light working?
Customer reply replied 6 months ago.
10 MINUTES, YES I HAVE LIGHTS INSIDE ,CONTROL PANEL NOT LIGHT UP ON FREEZER DOOR ON THE OUTSIDE
bonzaco, replied 6 months ago.
OK first thing to do is take off the top hing cover above the freezer and just check that non of the cables have poped out, this is usually the cause of the display going blank. Ten minutes is not very long when you consider that you have just put a number of pints of warmish water into the water chiller that will need cooling after a filter change.
Customer reply replied 6 months ago.
that screen and fridge has been off for a couple weeks its my inlaws fridge and tghey are in a nursing home now we noticed the fridge not working a week ago we ck on house peridically can you give me a list of things to ck it is ten miles away from my house if i need to order a board or something its not a problem id like to get to root asap
Customer reply replied 6 months ago.
i will be online cking for your response
bonzaco, replied 6 months ago.
Dont know what happened there I sent the response ages ago and now that I come back to check it hasnt appeared, so to reiterate, Power off - take off the back cover on the right hand side just above the compressor housing 9 screws. If you look at the main pcb you will see a small fuse at the top left of the board. Check it that is OK. if it is then as you say its likely to be the pcb but check the fuse first.