John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

LED "Child lock" stays on. Dial doesn't work.I foolishl

Customer Question

LED "Child lock" stays on. Dial doesn't work.I foolishly powered off right after pressing "BASKET CLEAN" couldn't reset after many, tried combos suggested online.Can I open panel to access control board and reset with your help?
NOTE: My machine is WCVH6800JOMR
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I tried every combo of buttons, power on & off, waiting overnight etc.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
To lock the washer, press and hold the DELAY START button for 3 seconds (on some models use SIGNAL button). To unlock the washer controls, press and hold the DELAY START button for 3 seconds. The control lock icon on the display will light up when it is on. NOTE: The POWER button can still be used when the machine is locked.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As I said in my inquiry I tried every fix possible including what you are telling me again. Your fix still does NOT work.
My question was "Can I open the panel and access the control to start a "resst" with your help?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
"RESET" (correction)
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
No there is no reset function inside the panel
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My phone number (home phone) is(###) ###-#### ***** what do you suggest?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did I mention " I foolishly powered off a minute after pressing the "Basket clean" function?
Did that cause the malfunction?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Have you unplugged and left it switch off for about 15 minutes, I know you mention you left it off but was that with it unplugged?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes I did, but I don't remember for how long it was unplugged. It might have been overnight I'm not sure. I will try it again now.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Does it make a difference if the machine is shut off before it was unplugged and also if the door is open or closed?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Shouldnt do we are just trying to clear the memory so that you get a clean start. We may then either have the child lock cleared or you may be able to clear it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK. Will get back to you about 7:20 am. with results.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just plugged the machine in. I tried both fixes above (delay ..then signal ) with the power off - no response .
then tried it again with the power on, but still nothing yet. ??? Any other suggestions?
You can call me at(###) ###-####if you like.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My email is ***@******.*** if you need it.