Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ge profile fridge won't turn on. the interior light comes on

Customer Question

ge profile fridge won't turn on. the interior light comes on but I can't hear the fan or compressor running. Does this mean the main control board is bad?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: no lights are on at the control panel either.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no, i think that is all.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Do you have a full model number located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section so that I can better assist you and see what might cause your issue?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I replaced the main board and the fridge/freezer is now working.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
awesome, well I'm very glad you got it all up and running again