Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Model LMX25964ST door display is showing Er 1F. none of the

Customer Question

model LMX25964ST door display is showing Er 1F. none of the functions
are working. what is wrong and how do i fix
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll be helping you today. I’m am one of the experts here on and this is not a free service just so you understand. I have been factory trained and one of the best appliance technicians in the industry. We are on the honor system and we only receive credit for or time helping you if you rate our service so please do not forget to rate before you leave or experts like myself won’t be around to help in the future since we must make a living helping you by passing on our knowledge and giving our time. Give me a few minutes to review your appliance issue and write an answer for you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
So first, let me explain this error. Error "Er IF" means that your icemaker fan motor isn't spinning properly. This fan motor is located behind the back wall inside the freezer in the upper left corner. Now normally just frost or ice build up has accumulated inside the fan housing causing this issue. You can generally just unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours and let everything thaw out and it will function normally afterwards,For a more immediate solution, you would need to unplug the refrigerator, remove everything out of the freezer section including the drawer and icemaker (if you have one inside the freezer) and remove the back panel inside the freezer to expose the fan motor, then use a hair dryer to thaw the fan out quicker. If for some reason just thawing the fan motor out doesn't resolve the issue, the icemaker fan motor would need to be replaced because it's failing.Below is a video on how to remove the back panel if that's the way you want to go or need to replace the icemaker fan motor. Ignore the fan they are replacing, that is not the same fan you're interested in. The fan you are looking at is in the upper back left corner. CLICK HERE for video
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?