Stefan T
Stefan T, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician at AST Enterprises

My dishwasher Maytag and doesn't want to Start. The "Clean"

Customer Question

My dishwasher Maytag and doesn't want to Start. The "Clean" button is blinking
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have Maytag Bild in dishwasher and doesn't want to Start . Button "Clean" keep blinking
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Stefan T replied 5 months ago.
Hi I am Stefan. To compensate my work done please credit my work with a 3+ rating when you are satisfied with my answer. If the light is blinking can you count t blinks> I should be Blinks - Blinks, 2 numbers. Also the model number would help.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
7-7 MDBH969AWS1
Expert:  Stefan T replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. Give me a minute to confirm this code. I believe its a heater but let me check.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 5 months ago.
This is a heating problem. It can be a temporary issue that can be reset. To invoke the Diagnostics Cycle, perform the following key presses or actions in less than 6 sec while in standby: Heated Dry ⇒ Normal ⇒ Heated Dry ⇒ Normal.If after running the Diag. Cycle does not fix the issue you will need the following part. Remember to credit my work with a 3+ rating. Let me know if there is anything else.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When I pressed headed dry and normal x2 all of the lights on the display came on
Expert:  Stefan T replied 5 months ago.
Yes this will test the dishwasher. After it finishes to run, you can use it but if you still get this error it need the part I linked to above.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 5 months ago.
Hope this helps you out. The part will fix the issue if the diag Cycle does not.