Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have GE wcvh6800jomr front loader washer. LED child lock

Customer Question

I have GE wcvh6800jomr front loader washer. LED child lock is on. Tried everything, all combinations of buttons suggested online. Including power on and off. waiting then pressing combos again. Unplugged overnight... tried all again.
I think the problem was caused by pressing the "basket clean" and powering off while still in cycle.
I am fairly handy and my question is "Is it possible to reset and restart machine by opening panel and accessing the control" and disconnecting and then restarting after machine does reset startup ???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
To remove the child lock, you should just need to press and hold the DELAY START button for 5 seconds which is located to the right of the LED display toward the top of the control panel. If that doesn't work and you have already tried to unplug the washer, then unfortunately the front interface control board has just failed and needs to be replaced I'm sorry to say. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?