John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I purchased 2 of my 3 Electrolux Wave Touch appliances in early

Customer Question

I purchased 2 of my 3 Electrolux Wave Touch appliances in early 2013 from West Coast Applicances in Medford, Oregon, which is located 70 miles from my home in Klamath Falls. I chose West Coast because I thought they would house a more experienced service center than Merit's here in Klamath Falls. Toward the end of 2015, I started experiencing difficulty with the microconvection oven which would start momentarily and then shut down. I did have local repairman trouble shoot and he called and ordered a part from you. But that repair was not effective for long before the same problem reoccurred. I then took the appliance back to the dealer for repair. After a month I called the service center to check on the status, and was told that they were experiencing difficulty obtaining the part. I called again the next month, and was told they were still checking, but thought the part might not be available any longer. I called again a third time in April, 2016, and was assured they would call me back when they could determine for sure that Electrolux was no longer providing parts for the 3 year old appliance. I have heard nothing. So I'm now turning to you for a definitive guidance that Electrolux of America has for me regarding obtaining a repair or a functional replacement. Thank you.
Marilynn Sutherland
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! We are not affiliated with any manufacturer or retailer. We are an independent company that helps consumers repair their own appliances. I am guessing you are not wanting this assistance?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You are correct. I am not able nor interested in repairing my appliance myself. I would be glad to pay you the $5 "opening discussion" fee your organization quotes, but I do not want to subscribe to an ongoing service as it appeared I was going to be required to do to get advice. Thanks anyway.