Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Changed the filter in our Whirlpool refrigerator from Sears

Customer Question

Changed the filter in our Whirlpool refrigerator from Sears and now the ice machine gets no
water. There is water in the water faucet.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll be helping you today. I’m am one of the experts here on and this is not a free service just so you understand. I have been factory trained and one of the best appliance technicians in the industry. We are on the honor system and we only receive credit for or time helping you if you rate our service so please do not forget to rate before you leave or experts like myself won’t be around to help in the future since we must make a living helping you by passing on our knowledge and giving our time. Give me a few minutes to review your appliance issue and look up your model number.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Usually if the icemaker is affected by replacing the filter, it means that your fill tube behind the icemaker has frozen due to air getting into the system. Now instead of guessing, probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.