Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My aeg microwave stopped showing time. instead it is dark

Customer Question

my aeg microwave stopped showing time. instead it is dark or brings name econom
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Unplug the microwave for at least 5 minutes to reset the control. Will it allow you to reset the clock when plugged back in?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do nor have access to plugin
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Can you turn the switch off at the main switch?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is built in and I knew just like computer that if i turn it off it might work again. I do not have access to main switch it is behind the oven which is secured into cavity
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Okay, well without resetting the power, I can only recommend replacing the control but that would still require getting the power off. You should have a main breaker in a utility room or garage to shut off power to the outlet.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yes i doe have utility place with brakers I will try that thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
You bet, keep me posted! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!