Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Microwave

Customer Question

microwave
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! How may I help with your microwave? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my microwave won't respond correctly. It tells me to open and shut the door and then push start. It keeps on telling me the same thing over and over.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
What is the light inside doing with the opening and closing of the door?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the light does not go on.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Okay, you have a faulty door switch. The control is not recognizing that you have opened the door at the end of a cooking cycle. If you provide a model number, I can link you to the door switch and provide replacement instructions, if you wish. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.