Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I am getting an f2 error code on my jdp42d t1ww. What is this

Customer Question

I am getting an f2 error code on my jdp42d t1ww. What is this and how do I fix it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.F2 means that your oven thinks that your oven sensor is shorted. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your display board. Below is a link to the oven sensor if you need to order and replace it. It's only about $15 so if you can't test it I would just replace it. CLICK HERE for sensor We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?