Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My 11 year old GE Profile Model PSS26SGPA fridge has an issue

Customer Question

My 11 year old GE Profile Model PSS26SGPA fridge has an issue with temperature control. neither the freezer or fridge sections are maintaining temperatures and are not hitting the temps that I sent. The fridge is always 6-8 degrees colder than the set temp. I have replaced the motherboard and temperature control sensors already and that hasn't fixed it. What's next? Thanks, Shannon
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I've been trained by the GE factory and I'll be helping you today. So the thermostat inside the refrigerator is all controlled by the damper assembly in the back of the refrigerator just below the ceiling. The thermostat is built into this part which allows the correct amount of air from the freezer to go into the refrigerator. If your refrigerator is too cold and you've turned all the setting warmer but things still freeze, you'd need to replace this part. Below is a link to the damper assembly with thermostat you'd need to order for your model. There is a picture of the damper assembly in the link below so if you're not sure of what part I'm referring to, you can remove everything out of the top shelf in the refrigerator and look at the back wall to see the part you need to replace. CLICK HERE for damper assembly No special tools are required and it's all replaced from the inside of the refrigerator. As for how to replace the part, below is a video that should show you almost everything that needs to be done. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?