Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I got a INT error code after running cleaning cycle on Whirlpool frontloader that is 6 yea

Customer Question

I got a INT error code after running cleaning cycle on Whirlpool frontloader that is 6 years old
Water all over the floor and in the drawer of pedistal. Will unplugging do the trick? Is it possible that all of the innards are soaked?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
You definitely want to just unplug the washer and tip it forward for about 30 seconds to drain out any water inside the base that has accumulated. Now just leave the unit unplugged for 24 hours to dry out. If the water leaked during the clean cycle, that usually mean too many suds occurred since the clean cycle fills higher than a normal cycle. Let everything dry out and then plug the unit back in after 24 hours. If you still get an error, unfortunately it sounds like your electronics got wet and that can be quite a messy issue to deal with because there is no telling the extent of damage done to the electronics without replacing one part at a time until the problem is solved. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?