Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I was having problems w my maytag washer leaking water from

Customer Question

I was having problems w my maytag washer leaking water from bottom. I ordered new suspension rods because the washer seem to be leaking because the tub is moving to much and the springs seemed to have dropped. my question is how do i go about replacing the , should i remove the top
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon. yes, you do need to remove the top panel to access the springs for replacement. So to start, below is a video that shows you the whole process of how to replace the shocks. You'll need a putty knife to push back on 2 hidden metal clips located in the seam between the top panel and the front panel of the washer. CLICK HERE We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Didn't get the answer I needed, none of the you tub links he sent was for a may tag washer.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
I'm not sure what you mean. The video I gave you is your EXACT washer style model. The washer they are working on is a "Cabrio" made by Whirlpool, but guess what... Whirlpool owns Maytag and they sell the exact same washer under the "Bravos" name. It's the same washer in the video.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?