Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I need to replace a microwave. The current model is prob 30

Customer Question

I need to replace a microwave. The current model is prob 30 years old, GE dual wave microwave system, 651B267P3. It is currently in a wooden box type enclosure. What are the dimensions of the old oven so i can determine the parameters for a new one?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately for a unit this old there are not going to be digital records for the dimensions of the microwave. The number you have listed is a manufacturing number but the model number would be the only thing that has any records like that attached to it even if it were a newer model. What you'll need to do is just measure the width and height of the microwave using a tape measure. The other option is to uninstall the microwave and measure the cut out of your cabinet. That will give you a better idea of exactly what your maximum width/height of the microwave can be to fit in your existing cabinet. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** that measuruing it is the easiest solution. I cant measure it because it is in my second home, which i am away from. My independent redearch indicated that the model numvmver may be jkp60. Can u tell me the dimensions on that?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
That model is for a microwave unit with an oven below it all as one unit. If that is the case then there is no way to get the measurement of just the microwave without measuring it yourself because the microwave was never intended to be replaced separately since it's all one unit so the dimensions aren't listed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?