Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Duane 30400040 and just replaced the burner tubes.

Customer Question

I have a Duane 30400040 and just replaced the burner tubes. The tubes came with the vents at the base about half open. The vents on the old ones were about half open. Witch is correct? When I try to start it, it will light with the Puzo starter but a larger than normal flame runs amount 2 inches down the outside of the burner tube. When I let up on start to turn the burner to low heat the burner goes out. What do I need to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Close the vent a little at a time to reduce the amount of air getting to the burner. Do you see a noticeable change?