Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an ultimate care II washing machine. Sometimes the

Customer Question

I have an ultimate care II washing machine. Sometimes the machine will stop cycling mid cycle. I have to either open or close the lid or sometimes reposition the dial to get the machine to commence with the cycle. Usually happens when basin is full of water. Is this a common occurrence and how can I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
If the washer stops mid cycle and the timer stops advancing, it means that your lid switch doesn't think the lid is shut. It sounds like the lid switch is starting to get touchy and needs to be replaced. You'll need the full model number to look up the correct part number for the lid switch. Attached is a picture of where the model number is ***** Other than that, below is a video that shows you how to replace the lid switch assembly for your unit. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?