Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Door latch mechanism on Wolf mw24 2004 microwave JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

door latch mechanism on Wolf mw24 2004 microwave
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: internal plastic piece must have broken, no reaction to pressing the door open tab
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately it sounds like one of the plastic parts on the push button latch is failing. You'll have to pull the microwave trim off and then pull the microwave out of the cabinet if it's still installed in your kitchen cabinets (since this unit can be built into cabinets). Next, you will have to remove the outer shell of the appliance by removing the screws from the sides and the back. This will give you view of whats going on with the push button. It's composed of 2 or 3 pieces of plastic and one of them will be broken and need replacement. Below is a link to where you can order parts. CLICK HERE for parts We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?