Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

LE comes on the door is not oppening it is hitting the s

Customer Question

LE comes on the door is not oppening it is hitting the screws
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
Good morning., and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.LE means that your washer control thinks that the motor is struggling to turn the tub. Now generally this is a false error and isn't the case at all. But just to make sure, you'll want to unplug the washer for a few minutes, re-apply power and get the door unlocked. Then open the door and spin the tub by hand to make sure it spins smoothly. If so, then then that means you likely have a common problem where the hall sensor (also known as the RPS sensor) attached to the motor has failed and will need to be replaced because it's not measuring the motor's strain properly. If you pull the washer out and unplug the washer, you can remove the screws going into the back access panel and set the access panel off to the side. Remove the bolts holding the rotor and motor onto the tub which are located directly in the middle on the back of the tub. There is a plastic sensor clipped onto the back side of the motor with a few small wires going to it. This is your RPS sensor you need to replace. Below is a link to the part and a video at the bottom that shows you how to replace it. CLICK HERE for RPS sensor and video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?