Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I cannot get the ice drawer to pull out or release. I have

Customer Question

I cannot get the ice drawer to pull out or release. I have turned ice maker to off position, place hand under ice box to assist out and it does not move. I pressed the 3 second lock release on front of fridge but that did nothing; actually I don't know what that lock release button is for?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Good evening, my name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator today. First, the lock button on the front dispenser locks the control panel so you can't press any buttons. This is just a child safety lock so they can't play with the electronics. As for the bin not removing, all you should need to do is open the freezer door, grab the bottom of the ice bin and lift up and pull forward on it somewhat with a jerk and forcefully. The bin should just pull out but if not it might have ice build up preventing it from pulling out so you may need to dispense and remove all the ice, then use a hair dryer and thaw out all the ice toward the back, along the sides, and along the bottom. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?