Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My microwave works fine but the clock wont set.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! What happens when you attempt to set the clock? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, nice to meet you.The microwave works fine, but when you set the clock it asks you for time of day and flashes a.m. and p.m. You press time of day and then after it asked you to press start to set. When you press start, the display blanks out and reflects nothing.Thanks for your help. I hope you have the solution.Best Regards,
Jordan
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The electronic control is faulty and will need to be replaced. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, not satisfied that you are telling me to replace something and to speak about it, it will cost me an additional $24! Is this a scam?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
A scam? I don't hardly think so, that is an automated offer that is just telling you the option is available.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Do you want a truthful answer regarding your microwave or would you prefer I give you more pleasant, inaccurate information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Truthful of course. The disappointment is that it cost me $11 Plus $5 to find out a switch is broken in a one sentence email. Then with no guidance I am asked for $24 more to speak to you about it. Is that to find out if you can come repair it? How about being up front with all the fees first, then you can tell me what you would charge to repair it and I would happily pay.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The offer you see is for A PHONE CALL! Not to continue chatting. Did you read the offer?! I have asked for your model number to get you the information you need to repair your microwave but you seem to have yourself convinced that you are being scammed. Unless you can get past that, I won't be able to help you. I need the model number of your microwave and need for you to understand that I am here to help you!