Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a side by side refrigerator bought on aug 2008, it has

Customer Question

i have a side by side refrigerator bought on aug 2008, it has a rear mounted ice maker. today water started running. the ice tray was full. I turned the ice maker off and cleaned up the water. now what shall i do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
First there are a couple options. Turn the water on and use the water dispenser. If you dispense water out the front dispenser and the icemaker starts filling with water and overfilling at the same time, you have a failed diode cluster which is down by the water valve on the back of the refrigerator. The diode cluster would need to be cut out and new one spliced in it's place. Now if the water dispenser doesn't affect the icemaker you have 2 other possibilities. If you turned off the icemaker off and the water stopped flowing in and overfilling the icemaker, you need to replace the icemaker itself. On the other hand if turning the icemaker doesn't stop the water from overflowing, your electronic water valve on the back of your refrigerator has a solenoid sticking open so it'll need to be ordered and replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All possible fixes and invesyigations are way above my abilities How can I schedule a home visit for the repair?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Alright understood. You can click on the link below and enter your zip code to see who is authorized in your area. CLICK HERE
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?