Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

RE: GE model - GSH22JFXL The water dispenser quit so I replaced

Customer Question

RE: GE model - GSH22JFXL
The water dispenser quit so I replaced the water filter and it still will not dispense water.
What else can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator today. On this particular Artica refrigerator, the most common issue is that the water line inside the door freezes. Remove the kick panel below the refrigerator and freezer doors and look for the water line disconnect just behind the front panel near the freezer door hinge. Disconnect the water line and shut the door. Press the water dispenser and see if water comes out of the water line at the bottom where you'd disconnected the water line. If water comes out, you'll need to just turn the refrigerator off and leave the door open for about 45 minutes and that will allow the door to heat up enough that when you connect the water line to the door again, it should start to dispense water again. Using a hair dryer to warm up the door is also very useful.There is a kit designed to add a heater to the dispenser so this does not happen in the future if the problem comes back. Below is a link to the kit and it comes with instructions on how to install it. CLICK HERE We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?