Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Drawer is beeping, light is solid red, and door is locked,

Customer Question

Hi drawer is beeping, light is solid red, and door is locked, so I can't open it to see what the problem is, and can't turn off the beeping
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: constant beeping. Solid red light. Locked drawer. Can't turn off or open drawer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The water is probably not draining out so it will go into a lockout. Unplug it or turn the breaker off for a few hours. Any change when plugged back in? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a two-drawer Fisher & Paykel dishwasher DD24DT. I turned it off at the circuit breaker to stop the beeping. The bottom drawer won't open and the unit is built into the counter/cupboard so I can't access the plug. I am not home now, but will try to turn it back on tonight.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, keep me posted with results, thank you!