Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a whirlpool DU915PWP02 ser FT0606882 dishwasher. It

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool DU915PWP02 ser FT0606882 dishwasher. It has over the last few weeks developed several (some probably related) problems. Started by occasionally overflowing, progressed to not completely emptying, (but would empty if we pushed the "cancel/empty" button. Latest is that it will not empty at all. The motor runs, but it appears that rather than emptying, the water, to some extent gets pushed up to the wash arms. I have looked at videos on line & none picture my exact model & I've not been able to remove the plastic housing that is the " screen/water return " housing, which I assume would let me access the "shredder". The hose & inlet to the garbage disposal appear to be clear. I'm stumped. Please advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! On that model, the motor reverses for draining. There is common issue that causes no or poor drain issues. If you remove the lower access panels from below the door, you will see the drain hose attached to the check valve assembly. That check valve has a rubber flapper in it and it is probably plugged. The video at the link below shows how to access it. If you remove it from the motor and clean it out, I suspect you will have no more drain issues. Let me know what you find. CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!