Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a kelvinator kdc87 dipping case. I pulled the compressor

Customer Question

i have a kelvinator kdc87 dipping case. I pulled the compressor out for cleaning (i do this every six months to vac off dust and fuzz) pushed back in and started as I always do. The case will only come down to temp on one end and one side? My refrig guy came and charged the system and said if that didn't help, that the evap lines might be plugged and will need a new case. What to do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: my tech did cut and re-solder my cap tube and put in a new dryer filter
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately this is definitely a sealed system issue if the evaporator is only frosting partially and not all the way across from top to bottom. It sounds like you had a technician come out and recharge the system which means that you either have a restriction or an inefficient compressor. You'd need a technician to come back out and check the pressure pressures to see if you have a restriction or a faulty compressor. Either option is probably not worth fixing however, but that is completely up to you. A restriction would likely cost about $500 to repair an a new compressor is about $650. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?