John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My ge profile washer wpgt9159hww has power but won't turn on,

Customer Question

My ge profile washer wpgt9159hww has power but won't turn on, what are the most common causes for it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Is it totally dead and totally unresponsive, no lights, beeps or anything at all?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Correct...I pulled the display board apart and also the box encasing the main board and when I unplug the power cord and replug it I hear a trip sound when I push the power button...but it only happens once after replugging power cord.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've read that it could be the lid switch but I don't know where that is.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nevermind...I already got referred to another technician and need to wait 24hrs for an answer?? Definitely not what I had in mind.