Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I replaced the door lock switch on my whirlpool WFW9150WW01

Customer Question

I replaced the door lock switch on my whirlpool WFW9150WW01 model. But it still wont start. When i put in in diagnostic mode the wash light stays lit after the 5 second and no error code is shown. Suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If after you initiate the diagnostics and the wash light remains steady after the initial 5 seconds, if you press the 2nd button used to enter diagnostics, does it perform the automated load test?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. The light next to the "Start/Pause" button is lit.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Do you hear any clicking from the control area at the top of the machine?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No clicking or anything. The light came on and nothing happened.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
The main machine control is likely faulty. The diagnostic cycle is a forced cycle and should go unless an error is detected by the control. I suspect that the machine control will need to be replaced and is available below. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!