John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My maytag 3000 washer is saying F21 JA: Sometimes appliance

Customer Question

my maytag 3000 washer is saying F21
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: it says 'suds' and stops and then says F21, even when there's no soap in there. It is draining extremely slowly as if it is plugged
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
OK F21 means that you have got a problem with the draining of the washing machine, First thing to do is to take off the front bottom panel and check and see if the filter is clear and the pump is operating. You will need some towels as as soon as you try to remove the filter water from the sump of the washing machine will pour out. Come back to me when you have this done - Ian
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't see a front bottom panel
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
OK can you give me the full model number not the range ie 3000 usually in the doorframe on a label.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
model number: MHWE300VF00
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't want to have to pay for a phonecall
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Sorry the question thing is computer generated - forget it - I'm just about to send you a couple of links so that we are both singing of the same songsheet - hang on a second
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Copy and paste the following link into your browser this shows the cabinet assembly. I need you to remove the three screws below item 5 (lower front panel) and remove the panel. Behind the panel you will see item number 11 which is the drain pump filter which I need you to remove (towels to hand) http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-part/mhwe300vf00/3048/0153200/w0810093/00001.html Link two showing pump/filter area -- http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-part/mhwe300vf00/3048/0153200/w0810093/00006.html remove any debris and then come back to me
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
they aren't screws they are bolts
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
And have you removed them? and then followed the instructions above?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how do I remove bolts?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
You need a 1/4" socket set and then you just unscrew them.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know if I have a 1/4" socket set, I don't even know what that looks like
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
http://www.amazon.com/Facom-Piece-Metric-Hexagon-Socket/dp/B005OGQPLI?ie=UTF8&keywords=1%2F4%26%2334%3B%20drive%20af%20socket%20set&qid=1463347011&ref_=sr_1_8&sr=8-8 Looks like one of these but doesnt have to be an expensive set - cheap Chinese set will do