Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag model #C2061KES2 fridge. Freezer working, fridge not

Customer Question

Maytag model #C2061KES2 fridge. Freezer working, fridge not cold. Fan inside/back of freezer not working. No frost in freezer. Unplugged and emptied last night. Still not working. Easy fix or new fridge? Fingers crossed...thx
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Very simple and common fix. The refrigerator cools by stealing air from the freezer section so if the freezer section is working, then the issue will never be a major issue. You have already done all the inspecting needed. You determined that the fan back inside the freezer isn't running and that fan is what pushes air up to the refrigerator so the refrigerator can cool. All you need to do is replace the fan motor and you'll be good to go again. Below is a link to the fan motor for your model. CLICK HERE for fan motor We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?