Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a advantium sbc2001css3 everything works but the micro

Customer Question

I have a advantium sbc2001css3 everything works but the micro wave. Got lucky and foumd another one, case got damanage but great for parts. Still no luck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sue ne is Dave
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: All the functions work but the microwave
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
If everything works except the microwave function, it sounds like your magnetron has failed. Since you have another microwave, just swap the old magnetron out with the new magnetron and you should be good to go again. If for some reason you still have issues, then the other 2 less likely components that would cause the microwave to not work would be the high voltage capacitor or the diode (attached to the high voltage capacitor), so just swap those over from the spare machine if needed. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** tell whole story. Originally the microwave was the only thing working, the speed cook wasn't. When i received the damanage advantium, caused by shipping thats when i deceided to use it for parts. Dod some research changed some parts and then it switched on me. The speed cook (halogen lighting) started working but the microwave stopped
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure what to say if the issue was caused by you working on it, that could require a technician to actually come down there and trace the wires down if you happened to accidentally unplug or disconnect one. Otherwise, you'd be looking at a bad magnetron, diode, or capacitor. Those are the only 3 naturally occurring failures that would stop only the microwave function.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?