Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Our double oven is beeping with an alarm and nothing is displayed

Customer Question

our double oven is beeping with an alarm and nothing is displayed as wrong. How do we turn off the alarm? It is a constant buzz.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The oven was off and all of a sudden the alarm started buzzing, wont stop, we even switched off the power and it did not stop.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: we cannot see any switch or where the high pitch buzzing is coming from.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
If there is nothing appearing on the display but it keeps beeping, there is a problem with your display board itself. Try to unplug the oven or flip the circuit breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset from a hard reboot. If that doesn't work, you will need to leave the power off to the unit until the display board has been replaced because it has failed and there is no other way to stop the buzzing until it's replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?