Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I was trying to broil, and a message saying"door locked" is

Customer Question

I was trying to broil, and a message saying"door locked" is on the pad, and I tried to clear it, but nothing is happening. It appears the oven and light are still on. What should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
It sounds like one of the door latch switches on the door latch is acting up. Often times this occurs if the latch gets overheated from broiling or baking. Just flip the breaker off to the oven for 60 seconds and see if the electronics will reset. If not, then just just give it a couple hours to cool down and if the issue continues, the latch will need to be ordered and replaced because it has failed. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?