Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Drum is having problems turning...suspect motor has no torque.

Customer Question

drum is having problems turning...suspect motor has no torque. I can hear it trying and drum is trying to turn
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: W1918 about 12 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: wash and spin cycle doing same thing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dryer today. First, this appears to be a Miele Dryer based on your model number. This is important because all parts must be purchased through Miele directly. They don't have outside distributors so if a part has failed, you'll need to contact them directly to order the part. As for your issue, you are correct that the motor is likely bad. If the motor is getting power, then it should be running. Open the door and spin the drum to make sure the drum isn't jammed. If the drum turns freely and the belt isn't broken, the motor will need to be replaced because all fuses and electronics are working or else the motor wouldn't hum. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?