Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Won't start, lid locks and then it stops JA: I'll do all

Customer Question

Won't start, lid locks and then it stops
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Just installed and attached water hoses. Powers on and stops at sensing, no water comes in machine
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Lid locks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! It may not fill right away. How long did you allow it to run? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
W10250684. Bravos x
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Thank you! Is this a brand new machine?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Years old
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2 years old
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Okay, how long did you allow it to remain in the sensing cycle before stopping it? When it is first started, it will turn the tub a little to sense the load weight before water enters.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Waited 10 min and the lid lock is blinking
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Okay, so there is an issue somewhere. The video at the link below will show you how to enter the diagnostics cycle. Can you see what error codes are stored, please? CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
E1F7 is the error code
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
The F7 E1 fault is displayed when the main control cannot determine speed of basket, or speed changes too quickly. See page 4 of the attached tech sheet to run the calibration mode.