John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

The upper rack of my new GE Profile SS dishwasher became detached

Customer Question

The upper rack of my new GE Profile SS dishwasher became detached from the height adjustment mechanism. Is there an easy way to reattach it? It seems like it should snap in, but the clips for the lowest 1/3 or so of the backmost rack wire also have to fit under the back of the height adjustment mechanism to reach the clip. Surely there's an easy trick?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Kelly. Thanks for your response. There's no need. I figured it out without applying brute force. Turns out that I might be smarter than your average dishwasher upper rack.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Very well done! I will send your request in for a refund of your deposit, if you'd like.