John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Maytag Bravos XL washer and dryer, both less than

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Bravos XL washer and dryer, both less than a year old. I clean the washer regularly. I have had 8 service calls on the washer as it leaves a white powdery mess on dark clothing that "looks" like soap residue. I use only HE approved soap, have tried several brands and nothing helps. I am ready to tell Maytag to replace it as its a lemon or fix it. Currently I have to wash almost all dark clothing over again with no soap, extra rinse, and then it sometimes still does not go away. Numerous parts replace including tub and main board. It also leaves lint on everything when the clothes did not have lint before washing. Any ideas?? Help Please!!!!! I have tried less and less soap, down to 1 tablespoon per load.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Have you ever used a liquid HE soap? On these newer HE machines that use hardly any water, the powdered soap can cause issues like you are seeing.