Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an lg tromm washer and it won't power on at all.

Customer Question

Hi I have an lg tromm washer and it won't power on at all. There was a load that I washed and it must've stopped mid cycle and powered off because there is a ton of water. Maybe it was out of balance but that's happened before without there being a power outage. We reset the breakers and still nothing- dryer works outs of the same outlet
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If you are certain that the outlet is live (if you have an electric dryer, they are on different breakers), the noise filter or the main control board has failed. Do you have a lamp you can plug into the same outlet to verify it is live? Do you have a meter to test with? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
WM2688HWM
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
If you are certain that the outlet is live (if you have an electric dryer, they are on different breakers), the noise filter or the main control board has failed. Do you have a lamp you can plug into the same outlet to verify it is live? Do you have a meter to test with?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'll double check the outlet. Dryer is gas
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Excellent, thank you! Do you have a meter to test voltage with?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No meter but we'll check with a lamp or something- it'll be a few it's a two person job to move it to access the outlet
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Oh, that's okay. Just post back when you are able, thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The outlet is fine! ūüėĀ
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Okay, so the line filter is likely faulty. It could also be a faulty main control as well, but the filter is more likely to fail. With no meter to test, it is impossible to determine with any degree of certainty, but history would suggest to replace the filter. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Access is gained by removing the screws from the back of the top panel and the filter is at the top of the machine, right where the cord comes into the cabinet. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!