John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I received the main control board WPW10312695 I installed

Customer Question

I received the main control board WPW10312695 I installed the board plugged in the refrigerator I followed the steps1 thru 4 but I can't seem to get it programmed
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My phone # *****(###) ###-####
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Programming Mode: NOTE: The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code 1. Press and hold the WATER Keypad.2. Press and hold LL Keypad.3. Release the WATER Keypad and wait 3 seconds.4. The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode.5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the LL Keypad once more.6. The control will display the current Program CODE. This value should be validated with the Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate. NOTE: If the Program CODE is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing water Keypad for 3 seconds.7. Press the UR Keypad or LR Keypad to change the digit value with each key press.8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL Keypad to select the next digit.9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the LL Keypad until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved. NOTE: If you attempt to enter an invalid Program CODE the control will not save the new code, but will beep. (The unit will NOT run with a Program CODE of 0000). Once the Program CODE has been saved the Programming Mode is exited by pressing any key or by opening or closing the refrigerator door. If the new code is incorrect this process should be repeated. The Programming mode can be exited at any time by pressing WATER key for 3 seconds or will exit if unattended for four minutes. Two things to remember - you need to be in programming mode ie PE to be able to put in the unit code & you need to have a valid code for your unit.