John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My GE Profile oven is locked. I cannot unlock it by holding

Customer Question

My GE Profile oven is locked. I cannot unlock it by holding the 9 and 0 keys
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Thats it. Cannot start the oven in any way. The clock and oven light are working.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven. First, does your display on your oven say LOC, Lock, or Locked? Is the door physically locked shut or can you just not use the control panel? Also, would you happen to have the model number?