Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I stopped the washer prematurely and now it says d5. My door

Customer Question

I stopped the washer prematurely and now it says d5. My door won't shut bc the lock is in the way. I've inplugged the machine and gotten ahold of the wire unit. Now what do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
d5 means that your door latch isn't working properly which is why the door is locked even with the door open. If you have already unplugged the washer for 5 minutes and the issue didn't reset, you'll need to order and replace the door latch because it's just failed I'm sorry to say. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't reset it manually?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You can try to flip the latch hook up using a flat head screwdriver and prying on it, but typically you can not just reset the latch, the latch isn't working because it failed.