John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Norcold 12 volt 120 volt I believe model #

Customer Question

I have a Norcold 12 volt 120 volt I believe model # ***** on my 2001 bayliner pilot house 4788.
The label is faded but I pulled these complete numbers from the label, but cannot read the label
830287HE
DE401
OO418
Last week during start up after winter storage it came on and seemed to be running fine .
Was doing lots of 12 volt house bank adjustments with electricity coming on and going off , not paying attention to the fridge.
One morning came in and it does not work .
The green light on the bottom comes on , the cooling fans start up and then it kinda shuts down and is giving me a flashing green light.with the fans not turning strong but getting little pulses ?
It is as if the unit is off and no cooler than room temp.
Any help would be appreciated
Thank you,
Peter
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.

Hi Peter - are you able to carry out any electrical tests if I send you the service manual?? -- Ian

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Ian,
Sorry for the delay but was tied up last night and will be till about 1 pm today.
I have seen the manual online and see the step by step things that need to be checked with a meter . To do those things I will need to get my Meter to the boat and remove the fridge as there is no access to it 's rear as it slides onto a slot.
I was kinda hoping that this model would have that jumpstart bypass that resets it as shown here on this site for other norcold fridges.
Having said that if I get to the boat by 1 pm with a my meter ,then remove the fridge for access. Are you available around say 2 pm for me to proceed? Or should we wait till Monday as you will have to hand hold me a little as I am not electrical by nature but can follow instructions. It is after all your weekend and I do not know how you schedule these "Just ask" sessions.
Thank you for your time and excuse the long awaited reply.
Regards,
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.

I'm going to be here on and off for the rest of the day - so just come on and I'll lock in with you when I see your post - Ian

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok Thank you, ***** ***** all set up and email you around 2pm
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Ian,im back with the fridge removed and a meter ready
r u available?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Ian?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Ian,
i have to put the fridge back in the slot so give me a couple of min when you log on and we begin.I have a fluke 179 true RMS MULTIMETER and know how to read dc voltage and ac voltage but you will needd to tell how to use for the oms
tks
pete
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.

Ready

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Ian,
You must be in a different time zone than me because your email came in at 3:12 am my time.
Do you answer on Sunday?
If so would 1 hour from now be good for you my time now 10:45 am
Regards,
Peter
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.

Yes based in the UK - depends where you are can be between 5 and 8 hous infront of you guys. Its now 1600 here. Will be around for the rest of the day (in/out) so ping me when your free.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Ian,
I want to thank you for trying to contact me, but schedules and such different time zones prevented a successful transaction.
I have limited time and apologize, I bought a new fridge and will recurve it next Wednesday.
I see they charged me full price for our never completed call , is this normal or ?
At any rate you were ready to help , I could just no co-ordinate a time to call with you.
Best regards,
Peter
Montreal Canada