John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Norcold 12 volt 120 volt I believe model #

Customer Question

I have a Norcold 12 volt 120 volt I believe model # ***** on my 2001 bayliner pilot house 4788.
The label is faded but I pulled these complete numbers from the label, but cannot read the label
Last week during start up after winter storage it came on and seemed to be running fine .
Was doing lots of 12 volt house bank adjustments with electricity coming on and going off , not paying attention to the fridge.
One morning came in and it does not work .
The green light on the bottom comes on , the cooling fans start up and then it kinda shuts down and is giving me a flashing green light.with the fans not turning strong but getting little pulses ?
It is as if the unit is off and no cooler than room temp.
Any help would be appreciated
Thank you,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Hi Peter - are you able to carry out any electrical tests if I send you the service manual?? -- Ian

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Ian,
Sorry for the delay but was tied up last night and will be till about 1 pm today.
I have seen the manual online and see the step by step things that need to be checked with a meter . To do those things I will need to get my Meter to the boat and remove the fridge as there is no access to it 's rear as it slides onto a slot.
I was kinda hoping that this model would have that jumpstart bypass that resets it as shown here on this site for other norcold fridges.
Having said that if I get to the boat by 1 pm with a my meter ,then remove the fridge for access. Are you available around say 2 pm for me to proceed? Or should we wait till Monday as you will have to hand hold me a little as I am not electrical by nature but can follow instructions. It is after all your weekend and I do not know how you schedule these "Just ask" sessions.
Thank you for your time and excuse the long awaited reply.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

I'm going to be here on and off for the rest of the day - so just come on and I'll lock in with you when I see your post - Ian

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok Thank you, ***** ***** all set up and email you around 2pm
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Ian,im back with the fridge removed and a meter ready
r u available?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Ian?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Ian,
i have to put the fridge back in the slot so give me a couple of min when you log on and we begin.I have a fluke 179 true RMS MULTIMETER and know how to read dc voltage and ac voltage but you will needd to tell how to use for the oms
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Ian,
You must be in a different time zone than me because your email came in at 3:12 am my time.
Do you answer on Sunday?
If so would 1 hour from now be good for you my time now 10:45 am
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Yes based in the UK - depends where you are can be between 5 and 8 hous infront of you guys. Its now 1600 here. Will be around for the rest of the day (in/out) so ping me when your free.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Ian,
I want to thank you for trying to contact me, but schedules and such different time zones prevented a successful transaction.
I have limited time and apologize, I bought a new fridge and will recurve it next Wednesday.
I see they charged me full price for our never completed call , is this normal or ?
At any rate you were ready to help , I could just no co-ordinate a time to call with you.
Best regards,
Montreal Canada