Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Amana washer NFW7200tw won't allow me to set the water temp

Customer Question

My Amana washer NFW7200tw won't allow me to set the water temp I want but rather selects for me. When I put it on quick wash, the only temp it will let me input is warm when I need cold or hot.
This problem was resolved years ago with a new computer module but I can't locate the part. What do you think?
Thanks so much,
Dori
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. The first thing I'd do is unplug the washer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then the entire control board would need to be replaced as you expected. The part is about $350 so it's not a cheap part at all but below is a link to the control board you'd need to order if you wanted to fix the issue. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.