Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a fairly new GE dyer Model# ***** and it will

Customer Question

I have a fairly new GE dyer Model# ***** and it will start running for a minute and then quit, it's almost like it's over heating. I thought it was the starter switch and I replaced it, I haven't broken down to get inside and look, next thing I thought was thromo fuse, but the lady I orderd the switch from said this model GE dryer doesn't have one. It has a smell to it also. I let cool off and put the cycle on airdry and it hasn;t stop running yet.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.
Hello I am Appliance Guru, The unit is either overheating or the motor is going bad. If you can run it on airdry just fine normally that would be an overheating issue. Something maybe blocked in the duct work inside the unit. I would check that first and then go from there. You can see if you are getting good strong airflow out of the unit and see. All I ask is please rate my service at the top of your page before leaving.