Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a Maytag 2000 Series front load dryer MDL#MEDE201YW.

Customer Question

We have a Maytag 2000 Series front load dryer MDL#MEDE201YW. When you hit the Power it comes on then you hit the Start button you can hear it click on but the dryer doesn't start.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! This is almost always the result of a broken belt or an open thermal fuse. If you remove the lower access panel from below the door, you can inspect the belt. Be sure to unplug the dryer first. If the belt is intact, the thermal fuse is number 40 in the diagram at the link below. Can you test it for continuity? CLICK HERE