Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

Can I request a specific specialist to answer my question?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The specialist "bonzaco" helped me with this appliance last time...
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a Smeg A2PY-6 range cooker, which has some oven-related problems.
I have the opportunity to buy a working Smeg A2-6 cooker (slightly different?) that has cosmetic issues.
The question is... do these two models use the same Control PCBs and other relevant parts?
If they do, then I will purchase the A2-6 for parts and fault-finding.
Please let me know how similar these models are....
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Morning Peter - some parts are interchangeable but in essence this is a different appliance, from what I can see the wiring is different and I cant see any electronic pcb which I guess you were hoping for. If you are abit more specific as to what you are trying to do I can likely be more helpful.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Ian
Thanks for your reply.....Do you know if there are any other models that have the same Control PCB as my Smeg cooker (A2PY-6)? I'm guessing that it's the patriotic cleaning (PY) that sets mine apart from the A2-6 model. For reference, I still intend to hardwire the two PS flying leads onto the control PCB, but thought I'd pick up another Smug cooker for spare parts (boards, timer, seals, knobs, connectors, etc) Would really like to know which models will accept this board.....any idea?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Oops...I meant pyrolitic cleaning!
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Can you give me a picture or any writing that is on the pcb so that I can see if I can find you a company that may be able to refurbish your board. Unfortunately Smeg is a company that most engineers dont keep spares for. Obviously the price of a new pcb would also be prohibited on an old cooker.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Ian.....finding a refurbisher would be great
Here are two pictures that I sent for the previous question....If you need close-ups, let me know
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
OK I have had a quick look at their site but can't see your board but I would give them a ring as we in the trade tend to use them for this type of board and they do give a years warranty on any repairs. -- --
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Understood....Not sure if the board is a real Smeg part or an aftermarket part?
Looking forward to your feedback from refurbisher...
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
It wont matter to them Peter and in your case its a fairly straight forward pcb with afew relays and a good old transformer in your case the problem is an edge connector so bread and butter stuff to them.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ian, the link you gave me doesn't connect...
and I don't know the company name or phone number
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago. -- then go to main page. works for me. company is QER Ltd Telephone is 01900 67913
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can connect using a different browser, but the language is Bulgarian (?) so I can't find main page & phone number
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Both of your links contain a pair of hyphens.....can't connect in any browser
If I remove the two hyphens, I get to a foreign language site (tried in two browsers)
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
The hyphen is to split the url from the text --
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK got it..... do you know the Smeg name (number) for this board? I'll call when I hear back...thx
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just noticed that they'll only give phone number to trade customers...
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
They dont do it that way, they do it by whatever is on the board saves them time cross referencing between manufacturers. Good job I'm trade then (laughs)