Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Water is leaking out of the ice despisers on the door of my

Customer Question

Water is leaking out of the ice despisers on the door of my GE side by side refrigerator. The ice maker is working well but I have turned it off because of the water leak?
I'm wondering if it may be the condenser fan not working?
What should I replace?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Is everything in your freezer thawing out? Or where is the water coming from exactly since you said it's leaking out your ice dispenser.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The freezer and ice maker are both working well. The freezer is not thawed or thawing.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
OK so is the water coming from the water dispenser spout or??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think I've pd what I want to pay ---- so try to ans by email
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Water is dripping out of door. Door has ice, water nozzle and that is what is dripping water also condensation
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
OK so there are 2 reasons the door itself would leak out the dispenser. One would be if it's dripping from the water spout itself. If that's the case, then you need a new electronic water valve on the back of your refrigerator because it's not sealing up properly anymore. Below is a link to that part if you need it. CLICK HERE for valve The other reason the dispenser would drip is if the ice chute flap was no longer closing all the way and was allowing warm moist air to go up into the ice chute. If this is the case, then when you open the door and look down the chute, you'd see frost build up. You'd want to take the dispenser apart to make sure nothing plastic broke, but if it all checks good then below is a link to the ice chute flap that should be sealing up. There is a video at the bottom of the link that shows you how to take the dispenser apart and install it. CLICK HERE for ice chute flap We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks I'll try/ look at that and get back if need be
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Ok good luck!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?