Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do I change the water filter on a whirlpool refrigerator

Customer Question

How do I change the water filter on a whirlpool refrigerator Model ED5LVAXWQ 25.1 Cu. Ft.?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
You should just need to press the release button next to the filter rather hard to pop the filter out. If that doesn't work, turn the water off to the refrigerator on your house, try to dispense water to relieve the pressure in the water line and try again. If it still won't pop out, the filter is just stuck and you'd have to replace the filter receptacle because it's not working properly. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?